Festival in a Box: sharing knowledge on dementia and the arts
As the Bloomsbury Festival in a Box Project moved towards its dissemination stages, we opened up the ‘archives of engagement’ that developed over the course of the project for a knowledge share day at the School of Advanced Study. The day took place on Thursday May 1st 2014, Senate House, University of London 10am – 4pm. It aimed to provide an environment in which the lessons learned from our project could be contextualised in relation to both established and emerging interventions in arts and health for dementia.
Alongside members of the project team and associated artists from the Bloomsbury Festival, we were delighted to welcome the following guest speakers:
- Professor Geoffrey Crossick (School of Advanced Study), Director of the AHRC’s Cultural Value Project.
- Veronica Franklin Gould, Founder & Chief executive, Arts 4 Dementia
- Professor Justine Schneider (University of Nottingham), on ‘Inside Out of Mind’
- Dr Helen Chaterjee, University College London, ‘Heritage in Hospitals’
- Representatives from Dulwich Picture Gallery’s ‘Good Times’ programme
The speakers represent a cross-section of leading projects examining the value of cultural activity broadly, and specifically in relation to those living with dementia.
Podcasts from the day can be viewed below.
Dr Michael Eades and Claudia Cooper